Because of your position as a parent, you are a powerful force in the lives of your children.
- Your kids watch how you act in situations to see what’s right and wrong.
- They trust you to take care of their needs.
- When they have questions, they look to you for answers.
- You help set their moral compass to point towards good or evil.
- Your kids learn how they should be treated based on how you treat them.
And while all of these are important to keep in mind, you hold the most power in their lives with your words.
Did you ever consider that?
With a word you can encourage them or deflate them. With one sentence, you can allow them to feel loved or unwanted. You have the ability to make them feel great worth or feel like a burden.
Oh yes… your words are so very, very powerful indeed.
I’m talking about this exact topic today at CWAHM. I’m discussing how we can choose to curse or bless our kids. And we do have a choice.
When we bless them, we are essentially speaking life into them. We are agreeing with God’s hope and desire for them. We are making our voice louder than the Enemy’s voice.
And not only should we do it… we are called to do it!
- Maybe you’re not sure where to start or what to say.
- Maybe you need more information on why you should bless your kids.
- Maybe you have no idea when or where this should happen.
Friends… as long as there is breath in your lungs, be intentional in blessing your children.