Are you needing answers to questions in your life? Who isn’t these days?
I wonder where you go for answers? Friends, spouses, horoscopes, tarot cards, Dr. Phil? Been there, done that… hated the results. Now I go to God’s Word because I’ve seen it “come alive” for me time and time again.
Here’s a few of my examples. Each was a word for me, so they may not make complete sense to you… and that goes both ways.
- I was feeling God’s prompting to get serious about speaking for Him. I came across this scripture and next to it wrote, “God gave me this verse 3/20/08. It prompted me to move forward with my speaking ministry.”
- “Then Joshua said to the Israelites: How long will you wait before you begin to take possession of the land that the LORD, the God of your fathers, has given you?” (Joshua 18:3)
- When my marriage was in the dump and I desperately needed hope, He took me to this verse. Next to it I wrote… “A promise for my marriage – June 2004. Answered October 2004.
- Joshua 5:12 says, “The manna stopped the day after they ate this food from the land; there was no longer any manna for the Israelites, but that year they ate of the produce of Canaan.”
- I was struggling to know whether this was the year to go to the premier speakers/writers conference on the East Coast. It’s costly! My Bible study led me to this scripture and I penned next to it… “4/28/10 – She Speaks Conference in question. God is telling me to trust Him for the money.” (BTW, answered July 2010.)
- “He answered their prayers, because they trusted in Him.” 1 Chronicles 6:9
I write these dates down because it is good for me to look back and see how God has moved in my life. How God has answered my prayers. How His Word is alive and active… even today… even for me.
We should be listening for the Word of God to speak… because it does… every day. Do you agree with me?
- Or do you think the Bible only offered great advice way back when and is now old and outdated?
- Do you think that God spoke to the important, high-profile people in the Bible… but to expect the same today is silly or impossible?
- Or do you believe He speaks only to the super-Godly people?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above… you are wrong. (Sorry, no way to soften that comment)
Need proof? Reread my scripture comments above. Need more? Try it yourself.
- Make a list of 5 issues that you need answered. Be specific.
- Now, commit to pray for them until God reveals the answer in His Word.
- Then mark your Bible up!
Here’s the catch… You MUST read the Bible. Sounds obvious, eh? However, I’ve spoken to countless people who are frustrated that they don’t hear from God. When I ask if they are reading their Bible… most of their answers are “no.”
Proverbs 8:17 says “I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.” (emphasis mine)
If you need answers, seek Him. He is just waiting to reveal His will for you! And when you look for Him… He promises you will find Him.
He’s not hiding either Himself or His will for your life. All you need to do is… ask.