- When there is disunity in your marriage, it can tangle you up in fear that your man has lost that lovin’ feeling. But conflict is a normal part of any relationship, and we can’t let its normal ebb and flow affect our confidence.
- While our husbands are called to be the head of our homes, they are not called to be our saviors. That position has already been filled by Jesus himself. And when we place too much emphasis on their opinion of us, we make them our God.
- Few things can boost our self-confidence like a deep connection with our husband. But when marriage gets crunchy, it can knot-up our sense of worth. When we choose to find our value in Jesus rather than in our husband, those tough seasons in marriage won’t affect how we feel about ourselves.
Loosening the knot questions:
- When you’re struggling in your marriage, how does it affect how you feel about yourself?
- Do you care more what your husband thinks of you than what God thinks of you?
- How does the state of your marriage affect the state of your heart?