I recently talked with a friend who is struggling in her marriage.
- There hasn’t been any infidelity.
- Her husband isn’t abusive on any level.
- They aren’t fighting or disengaged.
By her own admission, they have a good marriage and strong family.
She just wants him to be… more.
Honestly, now. Is there anyone reading this who can say they’ve never been at that point before? We all have from time to time. It’s part of the human condition.
And when our human-ness shows, we know the source.
Now, I don’t want to give the Enemy too much credit. He’s not worth our time. But I do want to expose the trouble-maker…
One of his textbook tactics is to get us to want more. Not the good kind of more… but the “you’re not enough” more.
- We want our husbands to be stronger.
- We want our kids to be higher achievers.
- We want our lives to be more fulfilling.
The Enemy plans to bring us to such a level of discontent in our lives that we find ourselves doubting the gifts God has given us. We want more than we have now. And we begin to believe we deserve it.
Sisters, God is all the “more” we need. He has blessed us more than we realize. In Him, there is contentment.
So when you find yourself in that more state of mind, here’s what I want you to do. Start speaking out all the things that God has blessed you with. Here is my short list:
- God has blessed me with a loving husband who is a doting father to our kids.
- God has given me children that enjoy hanging out with us.
- God has provided financially for our family when we needed more than we had.
- God has blessed our health.
- God has given me parents and a sister who love and support my family.
Just typing those words woke my spirit. It made me feel content and full. Any feelings of discontent I had lifted.
I want that for you today.
Will you take a few minutes and speak out the blessings that God has lovingly given to you? And if you dare, would you hit the comment button below and tell this community of believers what He’s done for you?
When you have God, you lack for nothing. There is nothing more you need.
And when you live that truth, the Enemy takes a blow to the head.
Hi-ya! Right on sisters…