We are walking into a new season in America.
I’m not sure we can fully grasp what all that entails at this point… but regardless, there’s no doubt we have a front row seat as we watch our society deteriorate.
I’m not going to blame any political party.
I won’t point a finger at certain policies.
I am not going to heap responsibility on any specific person.
Because the reality is that we are battling something much bigger than that.
“Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” (1 Peter 5:8)
The Bible calls the devil many names: Enemy. Satan. Lucifer. The Destroyer. Accuser of the brethren. The tempter. The thief. God of this world.
Regardless, his dominion is darkness… and his motives are to destroy us.
Just how does he do that? Well, he devotes his time and efforts to:
- Crushing our self-esteem… wrecking our marriages… and dividing our families.
- Convincing us God is too small and our problems too big.
- Holding us in bondage to fear and complacency so we don’t fulfill our calling.
- Devastating us physically, mentally, and emotionally so our faith is shaken beyond repair.
- Pushing the boundaries of perversion in our music, video games and movies.
- Keeping our churches arguing about silly internal details rather than uniting as a strong voice in the community.
- Telling us Hollywood is more worthy of worship than our Holy God.
And that is just scratching the surface.
Sisters… the Enemy is alive and active in the world today. Our society is becoming more and more depraved because of it. People are buying into his schemes and aiding his plans. Christian morals are being “redefined.” Life is not held as precious as it once was.
… Can’t you see it?
But there is hope.
And that hope is YOU and ME.
“My dear children, you come from God and belong to God. You have already won a big victory over those false teachers, for the Spirit in you is far stronger than anything in the world. These people belong to the Christ-denying world. They talk the world’s language and the world eats it up. But we come from God and belong to God.” (1 John 4:4-5)
The world needs us NOW more than ever.
Our prayers need to be persistent.
Our praises need to be thunderous.
Our beliefs need to be unshakable.
Our hearts need to be filled with compassion.
Our words need to speak Truth without judgment or hate.
Our faith needs to be firm in Him alone.
Our trust in God needs to be uncompromising.
Our joy in the midst of struggles needs to be unbending.
Our hope needs to be enduring.
The world needs us to be louder… 24/7/365.
Listen, God tells us we are the light of the world and as bright as a city on a hill (Matthew 5:14).
He says we’re the aroma of Christ (2 Corinthians 2:15).
He reminds us that we’ve been created to do good works (Ephesians 2:10).
He tells us we were set apart before our birth (Jeremiah 1:5).
And we’re to walk all those things out… here and now.
So often, we find excuses. We’re too busy. Our kids are too young. We’re not as holy as others. Our past is shady. We are shy or introverted. Our life is overwhelming already. We’re scared of failing.
… That’s exactly what the Enemy was hoping you’d believe.
Honestly, I’m not fearful of the future or afraid to face to it, because… I know that the One in me is greater than the one in the world.
- I will not cower to opposition or oppression.
- I’ll trust God is going to do what He says He will do.
- My joy will be strengthened in Christ alone.
- I will believe God is who He says He is.
- I won’t give way to complacency.
- I will hope.
And when the Enemy turns up the heat, I’m going to stand up for God. I’ll speak louder… shine brighter… pray bolder… love better… and trust without fail.
REALITY CHECK: Those who stand for nothing fall for anything. (Alex Hamilton)
© 2012 careyscotttalks.com
Check out my resources HERE.