I’m in a relentless pursuit of healing.
This has been a long time coming. God has brought it to my attention so often. I’ve had many people unknowingly make me painfully aware of the need to be free.
I’m done. It’s time.
And I know God will faithfully heal me if I relentlessly pursue it. How do I know this? Because He is a God of restoration and scripture speaks of it often.
Psalm 30:2 is a great example of His willingness to step in and pull us out of our weaknesses, wounding and wallowing. It reads “O LORD my God, I cried out to you for help, and you healed me.”
Here’s what I love about this passage… when the psalmist cried for God to intervene and heal, He did. And since our God is unchanging and consistent, He will do that for us too.
But we have a part in it.
- We have to be active participants.
- We have to desire it enough to ask for it.
- We need to be vulnerable to others.
- We need to be willing to open ourselves up to receive it.
- We have to trust the process.
Scary. Terrifying. Humbling. Necessary.
Let’s get this party started.
Here’s is my suggestion on walking the path to healing. Maybe this will work for you.
- Begin by journaling about the issue that’s keeping you in bondage
- Pray, pray, pray for God to open your eyes wider to the issue and to show you what it’s cost to hold on to it or buy into it.
- Find a friend or two who can cover you and your process in prayer.
- Find scripture that directly speaks to you about your struggle (google “scripture on _____”)
- Continue to journal what God shows you or what He reveals through your friends.
I’m not guaranteeing a quick fix. I cannot promise an easy road. No one can do this for you.
It’s about you and God.
Sisters, I’m crying out to God to deliver me from my struggle with value and worth! It’s deep, dark and deceptive. It’s held me captive for as long as I can remember. It’s wrapped around so many areas in my life.
I’m done with it.
Will you join me? Do you feel comfortable enough to leave a comment below and “out” the Enemy, if you will? Uncover his destructive plans in your life? Maybe you simply reply, “I’m in!”
Friends, it’s time to live the life God wants for us! Be the person He designed us to be. The Enemy’s free reign in that area of our lives needs to end and he needs to be put in his place.
Let’s relentlessly pursue healing. Who’s with me?