- In our pain, we put on our tough exterior to hide our most basic need (and desire) to be loved… all in an effort to avoid being hurt again. But only God can heal our bruised heart and break down the walls that insulate our pain.
- Sexual abuse has a way of choking your self esteem, making you feel unworthy of love. And instead of believing you are who God says you are, you dismiss the truth that you hold immeasurable value to the Creator.
- There are no shortages of “you’re–not-good-enough” messages tangling our lives every day. But if we understand what they’re doing to us and ask God to deliver and save us (Psalm 34:17-18) … ask Him to unknot the insecurities that are choking our sense of worth… they will lose the power to make us feel inferior.
Loosening the knot questions:
- Can you remember different times in your life where your self-worth took a hit?
- What made those moments so powerful?
- What is God saying to you about them right now?