I talked with a friend who just packed her bags and walked out of Egypt.
Well, not literally – but metaphorically.
Confused? Let me set the stage…
Do you remember the story of the Israelites and the 400 years they spent enslaved to the Egyptians? They were made to work long hours in bitter, harsh conditions with no end in sight. These desperate Israelites cried out to God to free them from their bondage.
And God answered them.
You see… like the Israelites when they were slaves under Egyptian rule, my friend had been living in a state of oppression. There were things that had held her in painful emotional bondage for years.
But God heard her cry.
The Mighty Deliverer called her out of that place. And in obedience, she got up and walked out of her Egypt.
She decided to walk into freedom, and…
- Accept the truth that she is valuable.
- Believe that what she wants and needs really does matter.
- Release the guilt that was suffocating her joy.
Now as we know from the Biblical story of the Israelites, freedom didn’t come easily. They didn’t just follow the yellow brick road out of slavery and end up in Disneyland.
No. They fled with the enemy on their heels. They ran up against giant opposition. And they ended up wandering in the wilderness.
But in all of the obstacles and challenges they faced on their freedom march from slavery, God always provided a way.
And you know what? He will do the same for you, sweet sisters.
- When you feel scared to step out of your comfort zone… He will calm your anxious heart.
- When relationships are strained or end because you set healthy boundaries… He will never leave you nor forsake you.
- When you face a Goliath or two along the way… He will give you strength to take them down.
Listen, you were not created to be in bondage. God didn’t have slavery in mind for His children.
Instead, He wants you to walk in the freedom to be who He created you to be.
Now get up… dust off your boots… grab your water bottle… and start walking out of your Egypt.