You have a decision to make.
Will this be the year you decide to step out of complacency and into the call that God has placed on your life… or will you continue to dodge what you know He is asking of you?
I get it, though.
Sometimes playing it safe seems like the smarter move.
It’s less risky.
There’s a smaller chance of failing.
Sisters, I don’t have time for that.
To be honest… WE don’t have time for that.
God has given each of us a specific role to walk out for the Kingdom, and we cannot afford to be content with doing… nothing.
Remember those famous words that Mordecai whispered to Esther to spark her out of fear and into action?
“And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14)
Well I’d like to suggest that just like Esther, you are on planet earth for a time such as this…too.
It’s not a coincidence that you are here… now.
And as daughters of the King, you too hold a royal position.
You’re in the family business.
So I’m humbly calling you on to the battlefield.
No more of the same ole’ excuses.
No more desire to sit in complacency.
No more ignoring God’s call.
This year… 2013… is YOUR year to step out of your comfort zone and into your calling.
Are you ready?
When God first called me into ministry 8 years ago, I fought it tooth and nail.
- The walking-it-out concept was scary and it seemed too big.
- What God wanted of me required a lot of trust, which I struggled with.
- He was asking me to do something I wasn’t comfortable doing.
And to top it off, I was fresh off a tough season in my marriage and I just wanted to chill. I wanted to coast for a while.
But God had different plans.
A wise friend of mine said this to me, “When God calls you… He equips you.”
She reminded me that He would give me what I needed to do what He was calling me to do.
Hint: He will do the same thing for you.
So, I said YES to God… and I’ve been so blessed through the process.
Has it been easy? No.
Has it been a smooth ride? Not at all.
Have I wanted to walk away at times. Yes.
But I love being a part of something… bigger.
I love knowing that the God of the Universe uses… me.
I love being on the front lines of the battlefield, uncovering the Enemy’s plans.
It’s a wild ride.
Sisters… it’s time to step out of your complacency and into your calling.
Not sure what that “calling” is?
Start by telling God you are ready to co-labor with Him. And then ask Him what He has in store FOR YOU… and what He wants FROM YOU this year.
Ask God these questions:
- In what areas should my heart be tendered towards Your children?
- Do I need to change my direction to stay aligned with Your will for my life?
- Where do You want me to engage in a more significant way?
- Is there a particular scripture that You’d like me to walk out?
- Do You have a specific word that will help focus my efforts?
I continue to say “yes” to God, and I’ve been asking Him to show me what He wants from me in 2013. He did.
God gave me direction through a specific WORD He wants me to live out loud for this year.
Wanna know that word?
C O L L I D E
To be honest, I’m not sure what that is going to look like. But I am stinkin’ excited to walk this one out.
So friends… what’s your plan?
Maybe instead, the question should be… what is His plan for you?
- Ask God to show you what He wants from you and for you in 2013.
- Keep asking until He reveals it to you.
- Be listening for His answer through consistent, persistent messages.
- Meditate on these trust-building verses:
- Ephesians 2:10 – “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Then once you know what God is asking of you, be obedient and say YES to His vision for your 2013.
REALITY CHECK: Make a decision to allow God to use you. Trust that He doesn’t call the equipped… but equips the called. That means YOU.
© 2012 careyscotttalks.com
Check out my resources HERE.