Do you have someone who you know prays for you?
Can you say that everyday of your life, you are lifted up in prayer? That you are covered by another who cares enough to bring your name to God each day?
Oh, how I hope so!
The Bible gives us countless examples of ordinary people praying for others in all kinds of situations. It’s an example we should be following.
- Abraham prayed for the city of Sodom (Genesis 18:20-33)
- Moses lifted up an intercessory prayer for Israel (Exodus 32:11-13)
- Ezra prayed for the sins of his people (Ezra 9:6-15)
- Daniel prayed for his countrymen (Daniel 9:4-19)
- Nehemiah prayed for God to forgive the sins of his people (Nehemiah 1:3-11)
- Paul prayed for the Ephesians (Ephesians 3:14-20), the Philippians (Philippians 1:9-11), and the Colossians (Colossians 1:9-17)
- Before going to the Father, Jesus interceded for His followers (John 17:6-26)
This weekend… I want to pray for you. Not only me, but my Ministry Board wants to pray for you as well. I have 5 committed women who will be presenting you – by name – to the Father over the weekend.
But I need your help. I need to know what requests to put before our Father and so I’m asking for you to let me know how best to pray for you. You can:
- Post a comment on today’s devotional by clicking on the comment button
- Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share it with me on my Facebook Fan Page at http://on.fb.me/c4TP00
Listen, there is nothing more spiritual or more powerful about me and my Board praying for you. We have no special hot-line to God. He doesn’t hear us better than He hears you.
This is just an opportunity to be lifted up by more people than regularly cover you in prayer. And we would be honored and humbled to intercede on your behalf.
Ok… now it’s your turn! How can we pray for you?