Have you ever faced REJECTION?
A bit of a rhetorical question, really.
As women, rejection is something we experience often. It’s a familiar feeling that triggers all our “crud.” It makes us feel like we are “less than” others.
Well God has recently revealed the enormity of this issue in my life… and how it’s been a debilitating factor my whole life.
- He’s exposed ways this struggle has robbed me of joy and happiness.
- How it’s kept me from making better choices or stepping out and trying something new.
- How it’s made relationships… tricky.
I’m seeing how it’s flattened my self-esteem, leaving me with the overwhelming feeling that I’m just not “good enough.”
- It’s made me question my value to others.
- I’ve “chicken’ed out” of things for fear of failure.
- And at times, I have struggled thinking I fit in at all.
I’ve felt unloved… misunderstood… ugly… to name a few. And I’ve allowed those thoughts (those lies) to nest in my heart.
Oh it’s been a biggie.
Sisters… are you tracking with me?
But God is relentless in His pursuit of my healing – your healing. He wants His children… free.
I want to be free.
And that freedom is coming through the pages of a book… one I am writing.
But believe me, it’s been a rough ride and hard to pen, because I’m seeing the reality of this struggle for the first time.
There have been tears, grieving, anger… but also sweet glimpses of restoration. He is so in this messy process.
And with God’s help, I am walking this out – in real-time – by writing my journey for others to read.
There’s power in a testimony, right?
THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN.
I want to include the voices of other women who have – who are – struggling with rejection and all the life-draining benefits that come with it.
… I know you’re out there.
There’s a part of my book that will have 10-15 stories from YOU. Hey, rejection looks different for each of us, and women need to know they are not alone.
SO HERE’S WHAT I’M ASKING…
Will you trust me with your story?
Through February 15th, I’m accepting stories from women like you who are willing to share what rejection looks like in their lives.
You might feel this struggle through:
- Social media
- Physical appearance / Beauty / The scale / Age
- Comparison / Jealousy / Envy
- Salaries / Jobs / Career /Family income
- Or something else…
Would you write me a bit about your struggle, and then email it to me at Carey@CareyScottTalks.com ?
I’m only choosing 10-15 to include in my book, so the sooner you get it in to me… the better chance you have to be chosen.
Here are some questions you might have:
1) Do I need to be a previously published author, knowing the ins and outs of grammar and punctuation?
– NOT AT ALL. (That’s what editor’s are for)
2) Does it need to be polished or in finished form?
– NO (Again… editors!)
3) Will my name be anonymous?
4) How many words?
5) When is the deadline?
– February 15th
When you send your story, please add this to the top:
My name: (i.e. Carey Scott)
Rejection Topic: (i.e. Marriage)
Here’s my promise:
I will read and respond to every story. You will hear from me, because your willingness to share your heart deserves a response.
Oh, and if your story is chosen… I’ll send you a FREE copy of my book when it’s published.
I’m excited to see how God is going to use our stories to set us free… and heal other women. Oh how He loves us!
Now… start writing!!!
©2013 Carey Scott
Check out my “Be Real” acrostic printable! Free for a limited time!