When I am struggling with life, sometimes I just wish I could sit in God’s lap and cry. I’d like nothing more than for Him to give me His complete attention and cover me with His love.
No matter what I said or did… no matter how much snot was running out my nose or mascara was running down my face… no matter if my words made sense or not… He would love me unconditionally.
What would you say if I told you I knew the secret to having a private audience with God in times like this?
I know how you can have that level of intimacy with the Creator of the Universe… and I’ll share with you what you need to do to meet one-on-one with Him.
Ready? Ok… Cry out to Him.
Psalm 18:6 explains it best “A hostile world! I call to God, I cry to God to help me. From his palace he hears my call; my cry brings me right into his presence— a private audience!” (Message)
When you are clawing and scraping to crawl out of that pit of despair and pain and you cry out to your Heavenly Father… HE HEARS YOU.
The great I AM hears you!
- The same God who walked with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden
- The same God who parted the Red Sea and the Jordan River
- The same God who gave Noah building plans for the boat
- The same God who manifested as a pillar of cloud by day and fire by night to lead the Israelites from Egypt
- The same God that Daniel prayed to in the lion’s den
- The same God who called Jonah to speak His word in Nineveh
Yes… that SAME God hears your cry. From Heaven, He hears you.
And when He hears one of His children crying out to Him in distress, He stops what He’s doing and brings you into His presence.
Have you felt that before? Maybe it was a calmness that came over you or a peace in the midst of it. Maybe oddly, you felt heard for once. Possibly you were able to take in a deep breath as the oppression was lifted.
That was God.
The scheme of the Enemy is to shut you up when you feel sad. He wants to cut-off your communication with the One who can heal your heart. He’ll tell you things like:
- God’s too busy to deal with this petty issue.
- God must be mad at you because He made this happen. Why would you want to talk to Him about it?
- God’s not into “high maintenance” children.
- God’s tired of hearing about this issue! Buck up and handle it yourself!
Those are lies from the pit of Hell. Don’t buy into them. Refrain from entertaining any part of them.
Scripture tells us that when we cry out… (1) He hears, and (2) He immediately meets us. I love that…
Friends, when you are struggling to stand in the storms of life… call on your Father.
- He will never grow tired of you.
- He will never leave nor forsake you.
- He created us to be in relationship with Him.
- He can give us peace that no one else can offer.
- He never has to “get back” to us and we never have to “leave a message at the beep.”
In the end… He’s all we’ve got.
Better yet… He’s all we need.